Tuesday, October 11, 2011

*head smack* D'OH!

I totally forgot to write about Henri's four month check up last week! We have been so incredibly busy here that it completely slipped my mind...better late than never, I suppose!
Bear Cub weighed in at 14 pounds, 11 oz (50th percentile) and measured 25.2 inches long (70th percentile) - confirming my suspicions that he has indeed been going through a growth spurt! In less than a month, he gained 20 ounces and 1.2 inches! No wonder he's been tired, cranky and ravenous!
Dr. Unger says that Lil H is looking good. Some of his motor skills - passing a toy from one hand to another, rolling over three times in a row, taking his pacifier out of his mouth and putting it back in again - are more consistent with a six month old's development! He remarked that Henri's head is even looking a little better than the last time he saw it - certainly, it's no worse. Whew. I thought it was looking a little better myself, but I was super anxious to hear a pediatrician's opinion. We go to Henri's next physical therapy appointment a week from today and I am praying that they will see an improvement, too. H has been a little stinker about his stretches lately, and he's learned that rolling is an easy way to get out of tummy time. So I've had to resort to carrying him around in the front pack to keep his weight off the back of his head. But on the bright side, he's become an absolute pro at holding his head up as a result of going in the carrier and it gives my arms a little break. Plus, his range of motion (torticolis) has improved, making it easier to get him to sleep with his head turned to the right. Baby steps, I guess - but patience has never been my strong point!

No comments:

Post a Comment