Monday, December 12, 2011

Housekeeping items


Just have to mention a few non-Disneyland-and-Christmas items here:

Henri can now sit up by himself. Just all of a sudden, one day, went from wobbly drunken sailor to full-on sitting up independently. He'll still topple when he gets excited or tired, but he is digging the new realms of play he can engage in.

He had his 6 month check-up on Friday and looks great! He is just under 27 inches long and is 17 pounds, 7.3 ounces. Dr. Unger is pleased with his development and says we are doing a great job with him. The only thing I'm worried about: Henri is still waking up every two or three hours in the night. Honestly, it hasn't really bothered me, I've gotten used to it. But now that his teeth will be coming in soon, he shouldn't be nursing all night long, as it can cause tooth decay. Dr. Unger knows of this concern, and I think that is part of the reason why

he has proscribed Henri a combination vitamin D, iron, fluoride supplement. He also encouraged me to start getting Henri to sleep without his favorite nursing-bouncing package deal. I've been able to get him down when he's still just drowsy, so hopefully we can move forward from there. The tricky part is going to be getting him to accept other forms of soothing during the night when he wakes up crying. Good luck to me!

Okay, I lied, I do have ONE Christmas item - Henri's first Santa picture! Note the tongue - it's his new favorite way to smile. It originated in Disneyland and has become his signature.



No comments:

Post a Comment